What does Maitri’s program include?
The heart of our work is our Residential Care Program, which provides medical and mental health care to people in need of hospice, 24-hour respite care, or recovery support after gender affirmation surgery. Our interdisciplinary residential program includes ten main components:
Who can become a resident?
Prospective residents should meet the following criteria:
Please Note: To provide revenue for our mission, we also offer one room for a non-AIDS hospice patient at a private pay rate of $250/day.
How do I apply?
Please fill out the following application:
BRANCH Aftercare is a new best practice program from Maitri that provides a critical bridge for residents to ensure they receive the care and support they need to transition to independence and maintain autonomy.
BRANCH works with residents to identify ways in which Maitri can extend its care as they reintegrate into their communities.
This program is available to former residents for a period of six months. Graduating residents are offered a range of aftercare options prior to leaving Maitri, including:
- Regular phone check-ins with a volunteer,
- In-person meetings with a volunteer, either at the resident’s home or another agreed-upon location (such as a cafe or a park),
- Regular meetings with a Maitri therapist,
- An occasional lunch or dinner at Maitri, and
- Participation in various activities and events at Maitri such as bingo, movies, concerts, and parties.
For more information about becoming a resident, please call intake at (415) 558-3013 or (415) 558-3006.